Friday, January 29, 2010

E is for Enchiladas

Sorry - I forgot to take a picture of these, so next time I make them I'll take one.

Sour Cream & Chicken Enchiladas

5 cups shredded chicken
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 container sour cream
2 small cans of diced green chilies
5 green onions, diced
12 - 15 corn tortillas

To make this recipe really fast and easy, I try to have on hand Costco's package of rotisserie chicken.  4lbs of chicken for $9.99 - but its good, its fast and I think its worth it.  Also, I layer my enchiladas instead of rolling each one - its faster with the same end result.

Sooo - that being said.  In a bowl mix up with a wooden spoon the soup, sour cream, green chilies, green onion, and 1/2 cup of cheese.  Spray with non-stick spray a 9 x 13 glass pan.  Layer as follows

bottom up:  sauce (just enough to barely cover bottom)
                   1 layer of tortillas
                   sauce
                   chicken
                   1 layer of tortillas
                   sauce
                   chicken
                   1 layer of tortillas
                   sauce
                   shredded cheese

Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.  Remove, and let sit 10 minutes.  Enjoy.                

No comments:

Post a Comment